Back to News
July 24, 2016 - by S.E.C.R.E.T. Press Secretary
AUG. 4- 17: CODE BREAKERS
In order to become a S.E.C.R.E.T. agent you have to put your code breaking skills to the test during our Code Breakers week at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Think you have what it takes? Enlist today and help us save the museum!
- Spider String Showdown: You along with 79 kids will have the opportunity to participate in the showdown from 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Sign us in on-site from 10 a.m. – noon. (first-come, first serve for children 6 to 12 years old).
- Pokémon Day: Gotta catch ‘em all! Become the fiercest Pokémon trainer on Pokémon Day during the Children’s Museum of Houston’s Top S.E.C.R.E.T.: S.O.S. (Summer of Spies)! Ash, Team Rocket (and perhaps a prominent Pokémon) will make a special appearance at the Museum. Event Time: Sat., Aug. 13, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Anaglyph Artistry: Turn an original drawing into a three-dimensional masterpiece, then use 3-D glasses to make it pop at Alexander Art Academy.
- Genetic Code: Explore chemical coding as you create a model of DNA sequence from organisms such as trout, chimpanzee or butterfly at Ecostation.
- Animal Communication: Spies communicate through words and codes that only they understand; play this game to learn how animals communicate in their own unique ways at Ecostation.
- Code Breaker: Make your own code breaker circle to create secret messages at Junktion.
- Tube Codes: Write out secret messages for your fellow spies to decode with only a strip of paper and a tube at Junktion.
- Spy Disguise: Blend into your environment when you make a spy disguise at Junktion.
***Activities, events and times are subject to change.
Back to News